Cultivation of MAPs
Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus)
Annual grass production-604 tons
- Lemongrass is a fast growing aromatic perennial herb that grows up to three meters in height. HPPCL has been cultivating this crop since 1982 A.D. in the Terai region of Nepal.
- Propagation is by seeds and by slips. Slips are prepared by splitting two-year-old clumps of lemongrass. June – July is main sowing season and first harvested after 3 months of transplantation. Second harvest after 45 days of first harvesting.
- Harvest is four times within a year. Winter season is dormant season and therefore no harvesting is done.
- Slips are transplanted Row to Row distance (40-50cm) and plant to plant distance (30-40cm.)
Product Pricing: 00
- Dr. Sindhu Prasad Dhungana
- Mr. Gyaneshwor Karki
- General Manager
- Mr. Rewati Raj Adhikari
- Information Officer